Saturday, August 18, 2012

Brave.

It's a simple word.  A word I sometimes take for granted.  Joshypot climbed a deer stand and I cheered and praised how 'brave' he was just a few days ago.  Kaity will try a new food and I let her know how brave she is to try something foreign.  Today I saw the definition of brave in my sweet Saracita Bonita.  She decided to move in with us and today we set out for home from Mattoon.  Mattoon was the only place Sarah has ever lived.  She loaded all her things into boxes last week and Jeremy brought them here.  She grew up going to school with the same set of friends and I think that as a military brat I discount the value and weight in that.  Today I watched her come 'home' to a place she had never even seen.  She wasn't coming to a place that she'd spent her weekends or holidays.  She'd spent them with the people living in the house but the house itself was totally new.  New state.  New house.  New town.  New normal.  She walked around and took it all in.  It wasn't what she expected, I don't know that anything would have been.  She is brave.  She is strong and smart and determined.  I am in awe of her guts. 

No comments: