Monday, April 5, 2010

And the story begins.....

Fifteen years ago today I got a phone call from Jeremy telling me he was on his way to Illinois from Georgia on Emergency Leave. I panicked for a moment wondering what the emergency was, and then he said I was his emergency. I was unhappy and we had been too far apart for too long. We had been engaged for a while and were planning our wedding for August of 95 so in reality it was only a few months early but never in my whole life had I been rescued. It was the beginning of our beautiful happily ever after. Within the next 3 days we'd have his family travel in from Wisconsin to be a part of our wedding. His parents do not travel and yet they came. We had guests and wedding cake. My gown and his dress blues. Attendants and a church full of witnesses. Wedding rings were ready early and flowers were remembered last minute. A u-haul with all my earthly possessions and off we went. We never had a true "honeymoon" but I am so thankful for that fact, we instead got to make our reality into our honeymoon. By the time we'd been in Georgia for 24 hours we had our first 'house', a little modular home in a prefab community. I would later find out that modular home is code for trailer and prefab did not, in fact, mean pretty fabulous but rather trailer park. Oh what an amazing adventure we've had.....

No comments: