Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Joshua didn't have a nap yesterday, he is approaching the age of no nap but is not quite there yet. Every skipped nap day means an absolutely brutal 6:30 til bedtime but if we put him to bed early he wakes up as if he's taken a nap and is recharged and ready to go at 11pm so we deal with the emotional mess that is napless boy. Last nights meltdown was at least a little humorous. Jeremy is very shy, he locks the door when he goes to the bathroom, changes clothes, anything that involves even the most minute nudity warrants a closed locked door. Now, just as a frame of reference I dont think I've used the bathroom with a locked door since I've been married and the door has been ajar since Kaity's birth on almost all occasions. Last night Jeremy decided to change clothes once he was already in the room and simply skipped the locking the door....in walks Joshy. I was downstairs so I'm not sure the level of nudity that was involved but fast forward a couple minutes and Joshua comes downstairs followed by his Daddy saying "Go ask your mom buddy" So an obviously emotional boychild says "Mom do i have a big penis?" I was a little shocked and looked at Jeremy who just gave me the 'answer the boy' look so I said "You have a perfect Joshypot sized penis" to which he flopped down on a chair and said "I got a little penis....a baby penis and it's not fair" Okay he has a slight speech issue and hearing his little voice was priceless and funny to me. I tried to not laugh at him but assured him that his penis was fine. Seriously, does it start at 3?!?! He then says "Daddy has a big huuuuuuuuuuge penis and I have a little stinky penis" He was so upset like almost to tears, he called his gramma to tell her the horrible news that he didnt have a big huuuuuuuuuge penis and that he was "frustrated" by the whole thing. It doesnt translate as well into font as it did irl last night, I wish I'd have had the camcorder out because it was priceless! I am hoping his sudden penis awareness is from potty training and will eventually grow old!

1 comment:

Jody said...

lmfaoooo oh joshy, you always make me laugh! what a kid!
xoxo