Thursday, May 20, 2010

Random kidbits from our weekend camping

We packed everything up and Jeremy couldnt find a spot for the lantern that was really 'safe' so he told Joshypot to keep an eye on it. We pulled out of the driveway and drove for a bit. Started seeing new spaces and places and Kaity was looking out her window. Joshy started getting pretty stressed out and couldn't get his words out fast enough. He kept calling for Kaity "Quick Kaity Quick, look at this" and she would turn and look out his window which would infuriate him and he'd growl and start again. Finally he sighed REALLY loud and says "Look at the lighter, I need you to keep an eye on it so I can see the cool stuff too!" that sweet baby thought he literally had to stare at it the whole trip!


We stopped to get drinks and Kaity saw tree pollen floating in the air. In her best stricken voice she shrieked "OH NO" we all looked around and asked what happened. She says totally straight faced "It's SHNOWING in the SHUMMER" a'la the scientist from Horton Hears A Who.


The night before we left to go camping Joshua was having a hard time falling asleep so we had him practice relaxation techniques. He had been in bed for about 15 minutes and then I heard him hissing "DAD....DAD" in a whisper from the top of the stairs. Jeremy had run an important errand (i NEEDED taco bell!) and was gone so I told Joshy to get back to bed. He asked again for Dad and when I told him he was out running errands he decided I would do. I walked upstairs to see Joshua standing stark naked at the top of the stairs.
"I need clothes"
where are your pajamas?
"I taked them off......" looking at me like I should somehow understand what this means.
why?
"ugh, I was trying to go to sleeps and I couldn't so I did my relaxes and all the sudden my pees started coming out! I didnt even know I had to go potty!"
I managed to help him clean up and get back into bed before cracking up!

Kaity recently decided that she enjoys magic and would like to be a magician of sorts when she grows up. While we were camping Dave showed Kaity a few rope magic tricks and she practiced over and over. Upon driving home she decided to start planning her first magic show and how it would need to work. She decided she only had 3 rules for being her assistant, I wrote them down word for word.

1. You must do exact lines as they are written and follow all lines and cues

2. You must have a sense of humor and not get stage fright

3. Have fun

Please note the the only paying of this is having fun...so no cash.


This is not a camping note but earlier this week I took the kids to get bank accounts at navy fed. They were both so excited about getting them. Kaity had saved $50.88 without "killing the pig" (cutting open her piggy bank) and Joshua asked me to lend him some money to start his. While we were waiting for the bank all the processing to be done the teller told the children they would each need to come up with a pin number that would be private and only they would remember. Joshua said instantly "I GOT IT...." and Kaity started to furrow her brow and really sweat it. I told Joshy he needed to let me know what the code so I could help him remember it. He leaned over and in a hushed whisper says "eight six seven five three oh niiiiiiieeeeeiiiiiin" I have sufficiently 80's warped my children!!

1 comment:

Lindy said...

cracking up at the relaxes!! AND the pin number!!!

Oh and I can totally see Joshua doing the "hello ball" when teaching him how to bat! LOL!

You have created some amusing children! LOL!