Saturday, August 21, 2010

How does a month...

go by with nary a post? I cannot fathom not having something word worthy and blogalicious in the past several weeks happen in our lives. And yet, here I sit wondering what in the world I will post about. Lets see lately we have been wrapping up the summer and preparing for the start of our 4th year of homeschooling. We went to the Bristol Ren Faire a few weekends ago and had a fantastic time. The warm weather and breeze made it a perfect day to spend walking around checking out the sights and sounds of Bristol. Sassafras and beef jerky were consumed (by the other 3 people in my family, I have better taste) in mass as we watched glass be blown and Moonie whistle his way through his show. We watched awesome acrobats and amazing whip work all while just soaking up the family time. Our summers are busy with company, so busy we lovingly refer to it as tourist season. Sometimes during the summer we forget to hold time aside for our little family to recharge and regroup. Bristol was a nice battery recharge.

We've been tending our little garden and are starting to enjoy the fruits and vegetables of our labor. Today we had our first batch of green beans big enough for a meal and they were gobbled up with gusto. The thrill of picking and gathering never gets old even if weeding is sometimes met with grimacing and fits, mostly by me!

I went to my first ever live theater show and saw "Wicked" it was such an awesome experience. I've never been before and as soon as it started I had to remind myself to exhale. I wanted to drink in ever nuance of the show since it was such a treat and not something our budget would allow often. Thankfully the USO provided our family with the amazing treat of getting to see Shrek in Chicago. I am so thankful for the blessings that God provides.

No comments: