Saturday, July 24, 2010

I am in...

love.
awe.
the right place. What a powerful realization.

I have never spent a night truly away from my children. I was having Joshua when I was away from Kaity for the first time. Jeremy and I went away for a weekend and spent the night in a hotel, with the children and my mom in a room at the opposite end of the hall. I simply had never left them before. I was worried that I wouldn't be able to keep my head in the event I was going to because of the tug of my heartstrings and the fact I was missing my babies. Oh silly girl. Before I was a mother, God was a father. He knows a parents heart. He wouldn't call me to be in a place and not equip me to be in that place. I was fully there, start to finish.

I have never, in my life, been able to fully praise for my trials. I found myself, in the course of my week, praising God for each heartbreak and trial that brought me closer to each of the kids I was lucky enough to share CIY with. I left Waukegan on Monday enjoying being involved with a youth group. I left Carbondale on Saturday in love with the kids that God has allowed me to belong to. I saw random acts of kindness, selfless acts of love, open acts of worship, prayerful consideration of self. Over and over and over and over. SO much more I want to address but words seem to lessen the value of what was experienced. I am simply thankful.

1 comment:

Rose said...

Praise be to God!
(I'm so happy for you, I'm glad you had a wonderful time!)