Thursday, September 23, 2010

Today I am realizing

some of what we are missing as a homeschooling family. We have never been a part of anything larger than our family school-wise. I had never really felt that was something that was missing because we enjoyed the freedom of homeschooling and marching to the beat of our own drummer. This year we joined a homeschooling co-op and I am amazed at the difference a day can make. One day, each week, all of these kids "go" to school. Just the simple act of going to school is a big deal in our house. We lay out an outfit the night before and plan breakfast and pack a snack. We are only 2 wks in but both children are planning what they will take next year for classes and are making friends with whom they share a lot of commonalities. We are packing lunches for our very first field trip. A school field trip. Being an island is lonely, I hand't realized I was a schooling island before this year. I am glad to be a part of a village, a like minded village.

No comments: