Saturday, August 18, 2012

Today I sang....

sang a song.  Sang out loud, sang out long.  I didn't matter if wasn't good enough for anyone else to hear...  Top of my lungs in my van as I drove home from Mattoon.  It was sunny and bright outside.  It felt good.  It broke my heart and made it soar all at once.  I sang through the tears as they came.  I laughed through songs that reminded me of her.  I am so thankful for the joy that my mother left for us.  She sang and laughed, danced and joked.  She watched the schilldren like they were TV and then would recount their antics to me as if I'd not been in the same room. Joy is underrated and overlooked.  Thank you Momma for all the gifts you are still giving me!



written on 8/17/2012

1 comment:

PJ @ Planned in Pencil said...

I pray you will continue to sing, and dwell in Joy.