Tuesday, March 23, 2010

The first time someone shows you who they are, believe them."

That is a quote I heard from Maya Angelou last night. It made me stop and say it a few times. I needed to hold the words in my own mouth to somehow process their depth of meaning. I am an eternal optimist. I see my glass as perpetually half full and am always looking for the silver lining in a bad situation. I tend to give people the benefit of the doubt and am always looking through the 'bad' to find their redeeming quality that is a positive. This quote made me realize that believing who people are isn't about being negative but about being sure that THEY know who they are more than I do. Some people are Eeyores, the situation of their lives may change but the constant is the way they perceive it. I am more of a T-I double guh-ER, a little klutzy but pretty upbeat. It is what it is. So I guess I'm on to figure out what believing them looks like to me. How do you eliminate the Eeyores from your life? or do you?

1 comment:

PJ said...

I really love this, thanks for sharing <3