Friday, March 12, 2010

I am so excited.....

for so many reasons! I shall list them!
1. I am going to a sleep over tonight with some of the coolest teenage girls I know! We are going to rockband, karaoke, nail paint, and goofball all night!

2. The Schilldren and I went to an event this week where they colored blanket squares for an organization called "Project Linus". I was excited that it was something we could do and while there ran into another homeschooling mom who told me about a program that looks to be a perfect fit for our family! The kids would be able to participate in 3 classes every Monday w/other homeschooled children. The classes range from Science, History, and Art to Theater, PE, and Math!

3. I love my husband, truly, completely, deeply. He is thoughtful and kind and even when nobody is watching thinks of me in ways that touch my spirit. He didnt know of my plans for today but I guess he always checks to be sure my keys are not locked in the van (i'm bad about leaving them all over the place). This morning he didnt know where they were so he left his van key on the table just in case. I love that he does things like that all the time. Kaity announces often that when she grows up she wants to marry a man just like her Daddy and I adore the fact that I can encourage that without any hesitation. We are approaching our 15th wedding anniversary and I am so thankful that we are still best friends!

4. I am having a Miche Purse Party and I have invitations to pass out, but the consultant filled them out for me! Seems like a small thing but I always worry about my handwriting not being clear enough and now I dont have to worry with it just pass them out! woohoo!

5. Our Anniversary is coming soon, we call it our "Family Birthday" because it was the day our Schill family was born. We always do something special w/the kids so they can celebrate our family birthday and then Jeremy and I do something alone. We have decided that this year we are going to take the metra into the city and go to the Museum of Scienec and Industry as our family date. We are going to use public transportation and have a full out adventure. Since we homeschool we are able to get into the museum for *free* which is amazing! Not sure exactly what Jeremy and I are going to do but it truly doesnt matter, just being with the man is enough.

6. We are not enjoying the new curriculum we are using this year, it's not a 'bad' one it's simply not a good fit for us. I was laying in bed talking to Jeremy about it a few nights ago and how I felt like it was such a blessing to have the cost of schooling covered that I didnt want to NOT do it because I was being picky. The VERY next day I got an email saying the program that paid for it this year will not be available to us next year. Then I found out about the Home Run Kids program. Then I heard so many stories concerning schools in the area that made our choice to homeschool reverberate within me. I am so thankful that the path was paved for me to arrive at a decision that we were on the right track.

So as you can see life is good in my neighborhood. So. Very. Good.

No comments: