Saturday, June 12, 2010

Enemy thy name is....

sleep. I am not sure when exactly it became a nightly battle I fight with myself but it has. I lay in bed for hours. I am not anxious. I am not excited. I am not exhausted. I am simply awake. A few nights ago I didn't fall asleep til about 730 in the morning. Up all night and attempted to medicate myself w/ Tylenol PM but it just didn't take. At about 645 I lost my mind and woke Jeremy up, so he would know that I couldn't sleep. I figured he'd want to know that, right? I am always amazed when I do something like that because he wakes up and deals with me gently and with kindness. Not exactly what one would expect when you wake somebody up from a dead sleep knowing they have to go to work shortly. Jeremy woke up and got me tucked in and rubbed my back and my legs for about 45 minutes until I fell asleep. The following night I couldn't sleep. I did all the things my doctor recommended before finally deciding to give in and take the prescription my headache doctor had written. It was well after 2am when I got up to take the meds, when I came back to bed Jeremy had moved my pillow all the way next to his and was laying awake, waiting for me. I crawled into bed and he tucked my head under his chin and held me. he is home. i am so thankful for that. i slept.

No comments: