Wednesday, June 16, 2010

I'm too excited to sleep.....

Have you seen the Disney commercial? Little kids giggling and squirming because leaving for Disney is looming on the horizon, then the parents get settled and cannot sleep either? That was me last night. I am so excited for a visit from our friends. My favorite book of all time is Anne of Green Gables. So much so that I took to spelling my name Kamryne for a time simply because it was "so much more distinguished". It is one of the few books that I can read over and again, each time rushing towards the end while trying to pace myself because I don't want it to end. I saw the movies and as soon as each character would appear I would know who they were because they matched the people I had created in my head. I said all that to say that Mandy is my Diana Barry. She is my bosom friend, my kindred spirit. The kind of friend that everyone should have at least one of. Somehow I lucked out and got more than my share! I thought my girlchild was sharing my excitement for their arrival last night as she declared with particular zeal "I CAN'T WAIT FOR TOMORROW!!" I grinned at her and asked why, so we could squeal together. She replies "I put a twinkie in the freezer and Daddy said I can eat it for breakfast in the morning!!" with a huge grin on her face. Only then does she register my look of excitement and hurries to add "...and Aunt Mandy, Uncle Ifiok, and Caleb are coming too" Well, I guess one does have to have priorities!

No comments: