Saturday, June 5, 2010

I couldn't even make this up...

Kaity is a lot like me in a lot of ways. Obviously she's rockin' out the red hair and has a smattering of freckles like me, but she also gets super excited the night before anything cool happens and has a hard time going to sleep. You can bet on the eve of every birthday, holiday, or company visit she will be up til the wee hours giddy with the excitement of what fun is looming on the horizon. Last night she was super excited from all the fun she'd had at a birthday party and the fact that we were going to do fun things with Grandma & Grandpa Schill...or so I thought. She had actually written her Daddy and I a letter and it was the anticipation of giving it to us that was causing her to lay awake. She came downstairs wide awake and yet exhausted. I held her on my lap rubbing her back and cuddled her as she settled down and fell into a twilight sleep. Jeremy carried her upstairs into her bed and she snuggled into her bed and slept. This morning she came bounding downstairs all grins with something behind her back. She called us together in the living room and handed us a piece of paper. She has a notebook next to her bed because she is a writer of stories and when the urge strikes she has permission to write down her ideas so she doesn't forget them. Last night her idea notebook was the canvas for her letter. Here it is exactly as she wrote it:

Dear Mom and Dad,
I just thought of the wonderful things you guys do for me like feeding me, Loving me and much more sometimes on the road of life I make wrong turns but with some help from you I can get back on track on the road of life. I have a long way to go but with help from you I can get there even faster. So thanks for all the wonderful things you do and mo matter how big I get I'll always be your little girl.
Love your dautgher,
Kaity

LOVE YA!
(insert a few hearts and smiley faces here)


Seriously? How did we get so lucky? What a fantastic way to start a Saturday that was already shaping up to be filled with fun.

2 comments:

Lindy said...

so sweet! you have a very special relationship with your children. it is a blessing to be able to see how you raise your children and get pointers on how to make my relationship with Taylor even more special! :)

Amber said...

awww, that's super sweet! Made me all teary too.